DUI RISK REDUCTION PROGRAM
Now offering weekday DUI classes
Ahora ofrece 20 horas de DUI / Reducción de Riesgos en español
PEACHTREE DUI & DEFENSIVE DRIVING CLINIC
1944 Donald Lee Hollowell Pkwy NW
Atlanta, GA 30318
The DUI program is a 20-hour course held in 2½ day scheduled sessions. An assessment must be completed prior to enrolling in the DUI 20-hour course.
- 20-hour Risk Reduction Classes:
- Clinical Evaluations
- Weekly Level I Treatment Classes
- class = $190
- book = $20
- assessment = $82
Total = $292.00
ALL FIRST DUI OFFENDER CLIENTS - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
First time DUI offenders are required, as a condition of probation, to get a clinical evaluation, and if indicated by the evaluation, complete a substance abuse treatment program. These requirements, effective July 1, 2008 are in addition to all other existing requirements for probation. Under this new law, the Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) is responsible for approving clinical evaluators and treatment providers and establishing regulations for implementing these requirements
DUI Risk Reduction Program
- You must complete the DUI Risk Reduction program (DUI School of 20 hours of classroom instruction) before getting the clinical evaluation.
Defensive Driving Classes
Saturdays 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. - $75.00
PEACHTREE DUI &
DEFENSIVE DRIVING SCHOOL
196 Peachtree St. SW, Atlanta, GA 30303
Weekday and weekend classes available.
Our state-certified Defensive Driving Course (DDC) is based on a curriculum approved by the Georgia Department of Driver Services (DDS) to teach drivers about safe driving. Our instructors are certified by the National Safety Council and the Department of Driver Services.
Reasons to take a defensive driving class:
- Point Reduction
- Court ordered classes
- Driver's License Reinstatement
- Driving Law Refresher
- Auto Insurance Premium Reduction
- Ticket Dismissal
A Defensive Driving Course may keep a ticket off your record! Georgia Law allows you to take a defensive driving course, and with Court approval you can possibly have tickets dismissed.
Nearly every auto insurance company offers discounts for drivers that take a defensive driving course in the state of Georgia. Discounts are sometimes up to a 15% discount for 3 consecutive years after taking the course. To find out how much you can save, contact your auto insurance provider.
- The clinical evaluation consists of a clinical interview, a review of your NEEDS Assessment results from the DUI school, and any other assessment instruments deemed appropriate by the evaluator to complete a thorough evaluation. Only an approved evaluator from the DBH/DD Registry of Clinical Evaluators can complete your clinical evaluation.
- You will be given a Clinical Evaluation Agreement / Contract that informs you of the services you are entitled to as part of the evaluation process.
- If no treatment is recommended, the evaluator will send a form to DBHDD to request a Requirements Met Certificate that will be mailed to you.
- If the evaluation results in a treatment recommendation, the clinical evaluator must show you a list of approved providers (DBHDD Registry of Treatment Providers).
- The evaluator will recommend a level of care.
- The evaluator cannot tell you to go to a specific treatment provider, you decide that.
- The evaluator cannot determine the exact number of weeks you have to attend treatment.
- If the evaluator determines there is no need for treatment, the evaluator will submit a case presentation to DBH/DD for review.
- If approved, DBHDD will provide the client with a “Requirements Met” form, which can be submitted to your Probation Officer.
Weekly Level 1 Treatment Classes
- You must choose a treatment provider from the DBHDD Registry of Treatment Providers who is permitted to deliver the ASAM level of care recommended by the clinical evaluator. NOTE: As part of a court order, only a judge can tell you to go to a particular treatment program.
- ASAM Level I – Short Term Program is 6-12 weeks, 18 hours minimum.
- ASAM Level I long-term program is three to nine hours of treatment services per week. The length of treatment is 4 to 12 months. A treatment review occurs when 4 months has been completed. A decision will then be made for you to continue with more counseling or that you have completed the treatment program.
- You will be given a Treatment Agreement / Contract that informs you all requirements for successful completion of the program.
- It is the responsibility of the treatment provider to determine the length of treatment and the number of hours you must attend. You may be expected to attend more than the minimum number of hours and weeks of treatment.
- The treatment program may have additional requirements to be met before you are considered as having completed treatment. Each individual treatment provider or agency determines additional services.
- Finally, you must have satisfied all fees to the treatment provider in order to receive your “Treatment Completion” form, which can be submitted to your probation officer.
ALIVE AT 25
PEACHTREE DUI & DEFENSIVE DRIVING CLINIC -
1944 Donald Lee Hollowell Pkwy NW
Atlanta, GA 30318
City of Atlanta courts (TLC) program
Fridays - $50.00
Now offering weekday classes for Alive at 25
The Alive at 25 Defensive Driving Course is a program that specifically addresses the issues and situations affecting drivers between the ages of 16 and 24. The highly interactive four-hour program teaches young adults to take control as drivers and passengers through real world experiences, group discussions, interactive media segments and humor.
Peachtree's Driver Education is a training course that teaches students how to drive with both in-class instruction and behind-the-wheel training.
Beginning January 1, 2007, all 16 year olds applying for a Class D driver's license must complete an approved driver education course with a total of 40 hours of supervised driving. We are here to help you meet this requirement.
Our Driver's Education class satisfies the Joshua's Law requirement for teens and can be used to lower auto insurance premiums for most major insurance providers. Peachtree's Driver's Education Program gives students of all ages the experience and training they need to be responsible drivers.
CONNECT with PEACHTREE DUI